Churches Together in Somerset is seeking to appoint a new County Ecumenical Officer to work with church leaders, churches and other appropriate groups across the region of Somerset, BaNES and North Somerset from March 2021.
The successful applicant will:
- Enable good communication between churches, ecumenical groups and other partners in the county.
- Help to move forward ecumenical working in the County by coordinating the various meetings and activities of Churches Together in Somerset as it’s Executive Officer and Secretary.
- Encourage and develop ecumenical working in the mission and growth of God’s Kingdom throughout the county, by facilitating a team of volunteers engaging in the work.
A salary of £6,300 plus Pension contribution at 5% is offered for 8 hours per week to a person who:
- has a strong faith in Jesus Christ and enthusiasm and skills to facilitate Christians working together in mission.
- is in good standing with a local Christian Church
- has good communication skills including IT and administration.
- has an understanding of and prior involvement in working ecumenically.
- is flexible in working hours and able to plan their own time.
Further details can be found on the CTS website www.sctog.org.uk
For a complete application pack contact:
Major Alan Dixon, 8 Applewood Close, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 0JG
Tel: 01249 323475; email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 30th October
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 2nd December
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure
A Genuine Occupational Requirement under the Employment Equality (Religion and Belief) Regulation 2003 applies to this post.