St George & St Paul’s Tiverton, Devon
This new post also offers the chance for a wider leadership role in
shaping the culture of the church in a new season.
We are a new growing staff team with a vision to bring transformation, personally, as congregations and within the community. We have excellent relationships with the local schools, both primary and secondary.
There is a committed team of volunteers, as well as opportunities to expand the well laid foundations of the ministry to youth and children during the week as well as on Sundays.
Essential requirements for the post:
• An active, infectious Christian faith.
• The ability to relate well to children and young people in a variety of contexts and from different social backgrounds.
• A mature Christian character, striving to bring personal life and public ministry into conformity with all aspects of orthodox Christian teaching.
• Good interpersonal skills, at ease with a wide range of people, and able to speak and lead effectively in both large and small group situations.
• An evident passion for discipling both churched and un-churched children and young people
Hours: 40 hours per week, flexible working pattern – Due to the nature of the post, regular evening and weekend work will be required as well as at major festivals, Easter, Christmas etc.
Annual Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 depending on qualification /experience
Contract: Initially 3 years
Training: Ongoing support for training and development within diocese and external organisations
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) under the Equality Act 2010, that the successful applicant will be a practicing Christian.
The appointee to this post will be subject to an enhanced clearance through the Disclosure & Barring Service.